Floyd Mayweather stripped of Welterweight World title 2015 [ Current News (Concise) ]
World Boxing Organization (WBO) has stripped of the Welterweight World title 2015 won by Floyd Mayweather in May 2015. Decision in this regard was taken by WBO after Mayweather failed to pay the 200,000 dollar sanctioning fee to WBO prior to the deadline of 3 July 2015.
- As per WBO (1. World Boxing Organization) rules, boxers are required to pay 3 per cent of their purse to fight for a world title which at maximum accounts for 200,000 dollars. The rules also prohibit WBO champions to hold any belts in any other weight divisions.
- American player Mayweather had won the Welterweight World title 2015 on 2 May 2015 by defeating Manny Pacquiao of Philippines in Las Vegas.
- This fight was the richest of all time as it had earned around record 220 million dollars. Floyd Joy Mayweather, Jr. was born on 24 February 1977. He is an American professional boxer.
- At present, Mayweather is also the WBC (World Boxing championship) and WBA (World Boxing Association) champion at junior middleweight (154 lbs), as well as at welterweight (147 lbs).
- Published on: July 10, 2015