For Aids Prevention Project Sunrise Launched in Ne States [ Current News (Concise) ]
Project Sunrise on for prevention of AIDS has been launched by J P Nadda a Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, especially for people who are injected with drugs in 8 North-eastern States. Main aim behind this project is to identify 90 % of drug addicts with HIV and put them under treatment by 2020.
- Main aim behind implementation of Project Sunrise is to bringing the people living with HIV/AIDS into the national mainstream and spread more awareness about the disease in these N-E states.
- And regarding to this, Government will provide free of cost treatment to one lakh people suffering with HIV/AIDS.
- Sponsor of this project is US based Centre for Disease Control.
- Other creativities like enhancing capacity of state-level institutions in high burden areas, community mobilization, intervention among females injecting drugs will also covered in this project.
- National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) will also be implemented in the North East.
- Manipur, Nagaland and Mizoram the North Eastern States has highest adult (15 - 49 years) HIV frequency in the country.
- For frequency of HIV/AIDS among the nation is 7.14 % whereas in Manipur it is 12.9 % and in Mizoram it is 12%.
- Published on: February 9, 2016