For Bihar Kosi Basin Development Project India has signed Loan Agreement with World Bank [ Current News (Concise) ]
For Bihar Kosi Basin Development Project 250 million dollars Financing Agreement has been signed by Union Government with World Bank. The World Bank’s concessionary lending arm International Development Association (IDA) has approved this lone with implementation period of 5 years and the implementing agency would be Bihar Government.
About Bihar Kosi Basin Development Project:
The main aim behind implementation of this project is:
- Flexibility of floods from Kosi River which is reputably dubbed as trouble of Bihar and increase agricultural production and productivity of targeted districts along the river basin.
- States capacity to respond punctually and effectively to an eligible crisis or emergency.
Five components of Project are:
- Improving Flood Risk Management.
- Augmenting Connectivity.
- Enhancing Agricultural Productivity and Competitiveness.
- Implementation Support
- Contingent Emergency Response.
Primary beneficiaries of this Project:
- In the Kosi River Basin Rural families and manufacturers are frequently exposed to floods.
- Due to the silt deposition in the devastating 2008 Kosi River Flood many farmers has lost their lands this project will include such kinds of farmers.
- The farmers who yet not have access to irrigation and other technologies, adequate transport network and improved agricultural are also included in the project
- Published/Last Modified on: January 22, 2016