For Road Transport Sector Union Government Launched ePACE, INFRACON and Up-Scaled INAM PRO [ Current News (Concise) ]
For best practices in road transport sector the Union Government has launched three IT and ITES initiatives and they are INFRACON, ePACE and up-Scaled INAM PRO. Nitin Gadkari Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping have launched it as part of the Digital India Programme.
- National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd (NHIDCL) has developed these advanced IT creativities.
- They meant to make the road building procedure faster, more transparent and well-organized.
- Projects Appraisal & Continuing Enhancements (ePACE) is an online joined Management Information System (MIS) portal.
- It will carry projects from in all sections of the Union Transport Ministry under a common platform, for confirming their effective and real time tracking.
- It will provide information like real time status, fund utilization etc. of more than 2000 projects being completed by multiple agencies.
- It has capability of GIS interface to empower easy geo-tracking of the projects.
- It also has competence to allow authentication of forms to avoid wrongful entries, making it is hard to fudge figures.
- It is National Portal for Infrastructure Consultancy Firms and Key Personnel.
- It will act as a connecting bridge between consultancy firms working in road engineering and construction sector and domain experts and key personnel deployed for project preparation and supervision.
- The portal will swarm the credentials of consultancy firms and also of key personnel and shall have linkages to Aadhar and Digi-locker for data validation and purity.
- It is a web-based application for Infrastructure and Material Providers launched in March 2015.
- It is web based single market place that will take material suppliers/providers together and the potential buyers on a common platform.
- Facilitate strengthen buyers involved in performing construction of roads, highways and connection to order cement online with the registered cement companies at competitive rates.
- It will help the Ministry to pathway and display the actions of buyers and suppliers, and eliminate impediments of both the parties.
- Published on: May 18, 2016