For completion of PMGSY 2019 - new deadline [ Current News (Concise) ]
For completion of flagship Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) for rural connectivity through all - weather roads from 2022 to 2019 Union Government has reduced the deadline. During year 2015 - 16 the annual allocation of the Central release for PMGSY works been increased by 5, 000 crore rupees. With this, it would now be 15, 100 crore rupees the total Central allocation to states under PMGSY.
- Government is seeking to accelerate the implementation of rural connectivity by providing enhanced financial allocation through a modified funding pattern in the PMGSY scheme.
- Under the PMGSY states achieving the targets allocated to them by considering giving financial incentives to them.
- Chief Ministers recommended the Sub - Group of on Rationalization of Centrally Sponsored on modified sharing pattern that has accepted by Government
- Fund sharing pattern of PMGSY between the Centre and States for all states will be in the ratio of 60: 40 that has suggested by the sub groups.
- While for all land locked 8 North Eastern states and 3 Himalayan states, the fund sharing pattern of PMGSY between the Centre and States will be in the ratio of 90: 10.
About Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY)
- In year 2000, PMGSY was launched as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme.
- To all eligible unconnected rural villages (habitations) provide single all - weather road connectivity.
- Union Ministry of Rural Development.
- It was fully funded by the central government.
- According to 1st phase of PMGSY, 1, 78, 184 unconnected villages were identified.
- Earlier, 1, 12, 550 identified villages which accounts for 63 % of the target have been connected with the PMGSY roads.
- About 37 % of identified villages as per the authorization of the scheme are yet to be connected with the PMGSY roads soon.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 25, 2015