For establishment of IIITs at Ranchi, Nagpur & Pune Union Government inks MoU [ Current News (Concise) ]
For establishment of three Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs) in the country the Union Government has inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). And regarding to this the agreement which effect was signed between Department of Higher Education (DoHE) and private agencies including Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Tata Motors, ADCC Infocad and Hubtown.
- These IIITs are set up at Ranchi (Jharkhand), Nagpur and Pune (Maharashtra).
- These institutions will be operated on a Public-Private-This Partnership (PPP) mode apart from the Central Government, these with participation of state government and industry.
- These for with the aim to building up IT industry in the country, these IIITs are required expected to bring out high quality Information Technology (IT).
- The admission process will conducted for all the three IIITs by Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) -2016 and 120 students have been selected for each institution.
- And now total number of IIITs in the PPP mode has been increased and reaches at 16.
- Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) are a group of institutes which provides higher education focused on information technology.
- IITs are established, managed and funded by the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD).
- Published/Last Modified on: December 14, 2015