For fisheries sector CCEA approves Rs 3,000 crore schemes [ Current News (Concise) ]
For implementation of an umbrella scheme for integrated development and management of fisheries Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has given its approval. On Blue Revolution it is central sector scheme which will be implemented at an outlay of 3, 000 crore rupees for a period of five years in all the states counting North East States and Union Territories.
- Multi-dimensional activities for development and management of inland fisheries, aquaculture and marine fisheries are covers in this scheme.
- The National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB) will observe all activates and towards realizing Blue Revolution.
- The main objective of this schema is to develop and manage fisheries and aquaculture sector to make sure a sustained annual growth rate of 6 to 8 percent.
- It focuses mainly on increasing production and fisheries resources both national and naval keeping in view the overall sustainability, bio-security and environmental concerns.
Components of Scheme:
- National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB) and its activities
- Development of Inland Fisheries and Aquaculture.
- Development of Marine Fisheries, Post-Harvest Operations and Infrastructure.
- Strengthening of database and Geographical Information System (GIS) of the Sector.
- Institutional Arrangement for Sector
- Monitoring, Control and Surveillance (MCS) and other need-based Interventions
It also provides appropriate merging and connections with the Sagarmala Project of the Ministry of Shipping, Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY), MGNAREGA, National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) etc.
- Published/Last Modified on: December 23, 2015