Former CJI Y K Sabharwal passed away [ Current News (Concise) ]
Y K Sabharwal who was the Former Chief Justice of India passed away on 3 July 2015 in New Delhi, India. 73-year-old Justice Sabharwal is survived by two sons Chetan and Nitin. Justice Sabharwal was CJI (Chief Justice of India) from November 1, 2005 to January 13, 2007.
- Y K Sabharwal was elevated as an additional judge of the Delhi High Court in 1986 and became its permanent judge in April 1987.
- From Delhi High Court, Y K Sabharwal went to Bombay High Court as chief justice before being appointed as a judge of the SC on January 28, 2001.
- In January 2006, Justice Sabharwal delivered several important judgments including the verdict that held the dissolution of Bihar Assembly as illegal and unconstitutional.
- Yogesh Kumar Sabharwal born on 14January in 1942 who was the 36th Chief Justice of India. During 1969 to 1981Sabharwal worked as an advocate for Indian Railways.
- Y K Sabharwal was appointed as the Chief Justice of India to replace Mr. R.C. Lahoti who was retiring on October 31, 2005.
- Published/Last Modified on: July 6, 2015