Former Chief Justice of India S. H. Kapadia passes away [ Current News (Concise) ]
Sarosh Homi Kapadia a former Chief Justice of India (CJI) passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra at the age of 68. His At Tower of Silence at Kemps Corner, South Mumbai as per Parsi tradition his funeral was held.
About SH Kapadia
- He was born on 29 September 1947.
- He had completed his graduation from Government Law College, Mumbai.
- He has started his career as class IV employee.
- He was enrolled as an advocate at the Bombay High Court, in 1974.
- In 1991 he was appointed as an Additional Judge of the Bombay High Court he was in 1993 he was appointed as a Permanent Judge of HC.
- In 200, he gets transfer to Uttarakhand High Court and for a short period of time he had served as Chief Justice.
- In December 2003, he was appointed as a judge of the Supreme Court.
- He has served as 38th Chief Justice of India (CJI) from May 2010 to September 2012 up to his retirement.
- Published/Last Modified on: January 8, 2016