Former Union MoS Dr C Silvera is No More [ Current News (Concise) ]
Dr C Silvera a former Union Minister of state (MoS) had passed away due stroke in Aizawl District, Mizoram at the age of 80 years. From 17 February 1994 to 15 September 1999, he had served as Union MoS for Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- He was the first only person for long time from Mizoram to be in the Indian Union Council of Ministers as Minister.
About Dr C Silvera:
- Dr C. Silvera was born 6 May 1935 at Lunglei District, Mizoram.
- He had completed his doctored degree in 1964.
- He also has served as Indian National Congress politician in Mizoram.
- From the Mizoram Lok Sabha constituency he was the longest serving Member of Parliament of India.
- He became Minister of State for Industry in 1995.
- He was elected in the 9th Lok Sabha, 10th Lok Sabha and the 11th Lok Sabha.
- For the term 1984 - 1990 he was elected member from Mizoram of Rajya Sabha.
- In 1995 he became Minister of State for Industry.
About Minister of state (MoS)
- In certain countries governed under a parliamentary system is a title borne by politicians. the Minister of State
- “Minister of State” is a holder of a more senior position, such as a cabinet minister or even a head of government.
About Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is an Indian government ministry which indicts health policy in India.
- For all government programs relating to family planning in India Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is responsible.
- As a member of the Council of Ministers the Minister of Health and Family Welfare holds cabinet rank.
- Currently Shri. Jagat Prakash Nadda is serving as minister of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Published/Last Modified on: April 11, 2016