Four Greenfield Airports nod has been given by Union Civil Aviation Ministry [ Current News (Concise) ]
In two states four Greenfield airports has got clearance by the Union Civil Aviation Ministry. Three Greenfield airports will be in Andhra Pradesh and one at international airport at Dholera in Gujarat from the total four.
- At under public-private partnership Greenfield airport will be developed at Nellore and Kurnool districts in Andhra Pradesh.
- These two airports will be no-frills one from the three planned at Andhra Pradesh.
- The Bhogapuram airport in Andhra Pradesh has also got site clearance by ministry it will be about 40 km from Visakhapatnam (Vizag).
- The air traffic load will be reduced at the existing Ahmedabad airport with this international airport at Dholera in Ahmedabad.
- Environmental clearance to 1, 378 crore rupees Dholera airport project had been given by former Union Environment Ministry.
About Greenfield Airport:
- The Greenfield Airport is a new airport which is constructed on an undeveloped site.
- Due to existing airport is unable to meet the traffic requirements, it is built from scrape on a new location because the.
Brownfield projects: the main objective of these projects is generally to carry out modification or upgradation from existing facilities.
- Published/Last Modified on: December 30, 2015