Four MoUs has been signed by Indian Railway Ministry with Union Power Ministry [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Indian Railway Ministry and Union Power Ministry: The Ministry of Railways is part of the Government of India. It’s responsibility is to check about the country’s rail transportation.
- Manoj Sinha is the current Minister of State for Railways.
- The Ministry of Power is an Indian government ministry.
- The current Union Minister of State is Piyush Goyal.
- It’s responsibility is to oversee the electricity production and infrastructure development, including generation, transmission, and delivery as well as the maintenance of projects.
- Four Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) has been signed by Union Railway Ministry with Union Power Ministry to save power by energy maintenance and transmission.
About four MoUs:
- 1st MoU will work to increase knowledge sharing in energy and electricity maintenance to reduce the cost of electricity for the Railways.
- 2nd MoU will work to encourage solar energy usage and provide a framework for providing future energy solutions.
- 3rd MoU was signed between India Railways and Bureau of Energy Efficiency to recognize technologies to improve energy utilisation.
- 4th MoU was signed between Railway Energy Management Company and Energy Efficiency Services for implementation of energy effective systems and management of energy projects for the Railways.
- Published/Last Modified on: August 14, 2015