France National Order of the Legion of Honour Has Been Awarded to the Fashion Designer Manish Arora [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
The highest civilian honour Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur (Knight of the Legion of Honour) of France has been won by Indian fashion designer Manish Arora. French Ambassador to India Francois Richier has honored him with the awared for his contribution to the fashion world.
About Manish Arora:
- He was born in Mumbai and completed his graduation in commerce and then completed his graduation in fashion designing with best student awared in 1994
- He has started his career in 1997 with “Manish Arora” Label.
- And after success he had introduce other two labels such as “Fish Fry” and “Paco Rabannee India”.
- He has served as creative director at the French fashion house from 2011 to 2012.
- He had the Best Women’s Pret Designer awared at the first ever Indian Fashion Awards in 2004 and designer’s choice for Best Collection Award in 2005 at the Miami Fashion Week.
About National Order of the Legion of Honour:
- First emperor of France Napoleon Bonaparte has established the National Order of the Legion of Honour (Ordre national de la Legion d’honneur) in 1802.
- It is the highest civilian award of the French government for outstanding service to France, regardless of the nationality.
Its motto is Honour and Fatherland.
Other recipient form India:
- Amitabh Bachchan
- Pandit Ravi Shankar
- JRD Tata
- Published on: February 18, 2016