France’S Chevalier De La Legion D’Honneur is Conferred to Anand Mahindra [ Current News (Concise) ]
Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur (Knight of the Legion of Honour) has been honored to Mahindra & Mahindra Chairman and Managing Director (MD) Anand Mahindra by French Government. Francois Richier, Ambassador of France to India has presented him this award in recognition of his outstanding national and international achievements.
- In India Anand Mahindra is one of the most noticeable business leaders.
- Mahindra & Mahindra group has turned into a global company of outstanding repute under his direction.
About Knight of the Legion of Honour
- Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur is the highest French civilian award.
- It was founded in 1802 by first emperor of France Napoleon Bonaparte.
- It is conferred to those people who have given outstanding service to France, regardless of the nationality.
- Its objective is “Honour and Fatherland”.
- Prior to Anand Mahindra his father Harish Mahindra and Uncle Keshub Mahindra have also been recipients of this award in the past.
About Mahendra & Mahendra:
- Mahindra and Mahindra Limited is an Indian multinational automobile manufacturing corporation.
- It was founded in 1945 in Ludhiana as Mahindra & Mohammed by K. C Mahendra and J. C Mahindra and Malik Ghulam Mohammed.
- Currently it’s headquartered is located at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- It is the largest vehicle manufacturers by production in India and the largest manufacturer of tractors across the world.
- It is ranked as 10th most trusted brand in India in 2014 by the Brand Trust Report.
- Published on: March 14, 2016