G20 in 2018 is to be led by India [ Current News (Concise) ]
About G20: It was established in 1999 by Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors on fellow countries in a meeting held. It is an international forum for global economic and financial stability. This forum brings all together 20 countries that are majorly advanced and emerging in the world.
- This forum represents up to 85 % of global GDP.
- Every year one country holds its presidency which again rotates annually among its members.
- Members of this forum are Brazil, China, Russia, India, South Africa, Australia, Argentina, Canada, France, Indonesia, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, South Korea, United Kingdom, United States and European Union.
- Currently its presidency is taken over by Turkey.
About India leading in 2018:
- India is going to led Group of Twenty (G20) forum in the year 2018.
- It is said that New Delhi could be the host of this auspicious annual summit.
- This decision was taken by the summit earlier in 2015 which was chaired by Turkey.
- In 2016 turkey will pass its presidency to China.
- In 2017 Germany will take over the presidency.
- Published on: October 1, 2015