GIAN Scheme has launched by Union Government to boost higher education [ Current News (Concise) ]
Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) has launched new program titled Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN) Scheme to increase the quality of higher education in India. Smriti Irani Union HRD Minister has launched GIAN at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) campus.
About Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN) Scheme
- The main aim of GIAN Scheme is to improving the quality of higher education in the country over international collaboration.
- GIAN enable high quality international academicians to participate and delivering short-term courses and programs in Indian institutions.
- Under the launching of GIAN at the starting point 500 international faculties will be involved in guiding courses and later in successively 1000 in to next years, faculties are engaged with GIAN all over India.
- According to this scheme 13 disciplines and 352 courses are covered in academic and to be taught in 68 national institutions.
- Above mentioned courses would be differ in time period from one to three weeks according to the subject and it will be free for students of many institute or with nominal fees for others.
- IIT Kharagpur has designed these courses to be webcasted live for students across the country through web portal www.gian.iitkgp.ac.in.
- Published on: December 2, 2015