GRSE handed over ASW Corvette Kadmatt to Indian Navy [ Current News (Concise) ]
Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited (GRSE) handed over the second Anti - Submarine Warfare (ASW) Corvette INS Kadmatt to Indian Navy at Kolkata, West Bengal. ASW will be inducted into the Eastern Fleet soon
About ASW Corvette Kadmatt
- ASW Corvette INS Kadmatt is super - sophisticated frontline warship.
- It is 109 meters long with a capacity of transposition of 3200 tonnes.
- Directorate of Naval Design (DND) of Indian Navy has created basic design of the ship whereas the detailed design was prepared by GRSE’s in - house design department.
Maximum speed :
- 25 Knots with a strength of over 3, 400 NM at 18 knots speed.
- Designed to provide accommodations to 17 officers and 106 mariners.
- ASW is fully capable to fight in nuclear because it is prepared with total atmospheric control ventilation system which makes warship, biological and chemical warfare environments.
Ship’s main role:
- Secure nation oceanic against possible submarine attack.
- Provide strong platform for deactivating the enemy submarines using missiles like torpedoes, rocket launchers and helicopter
- Published on: November 27, 2015