Gagan Narang wins bronze medal at ISSF World Cup in the 50m Rifle Prone Event [ Current News (Concise) ]
Indian shooter Gagan Narang won the bronze medal in the 50m Rifle Prone Event of the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup at Fort Benning in US. Ace Gagan Narang qualified for the 2016 Rio Olympics by wining ISSF World Cup. Narang is third Indian shooter to make the 2016 Rio Olympics cut after Jitu Rai and Apurvi Chandela.
- Narang had won won the bronze medal in 10m Rifle at the 2012 London Olympics. Narang shot 185.8 points to secure third place.
- In International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup,Michael McPhail of US by shooting 208.8 points won gold medal and Ole Kristian Bryhn of Norway won silver medal by shooting 206.3 points.
- Gagan Narang was born 6 May 1983 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu in n a Punjabi Arora family. He was the first Indian to qualify for the London Olympics.
- Gagan Narang was selected for the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award for 2010 and he also was conferred with the Padma Shree Award in 2010.
- Published/Last Modified on: May 18, 2015