Gallantry Awards 2016 [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
The India’s highest peacetime gallantry award has been conferred by President Pranab Mukherjee on 67th Republic Day celebrations. And the Ashok Chakra awared is honored to Lance Naik Mohan Nath Goswami. President has approved 365 Gallantry awards and other Defence decorations to Armed Forces personnel and others, which includes:
- One- Ashoka Chakra
- Four- Kirti Chakras
- Eleven- Shaurya Chakras
- This is India’s highest Peacetime Military decoration awared awarded for contribution in valour, courageous action or self-sacrifice away from the field of battle
- Lance Naik Mohan Nath Goswami (Posthumous) from 9 PARA (Special Force) for laid down his life while fighting LeT militants in Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir.
- This is the second highest peace time gallantry award to civilians as well as military personnel, including posthumous awards.
- Subedar Mahendra Singh of 9 PARA (Special Force).
- Sepoy Jagdish Chand (Posthumous) of 546 DSC Platoon.
- This is third highest peace time gallantry award generally awarded for contribution in counterinsurgency operations and actions against the enemy during peace-time.
- Colonel Santosh Mahadik (Posthumous) of 41 Rashtriya Rifle (PARA).
- Major Praphul Kumar Bhardwaj of 12 PARA (Special Force).
- Major Sandip Yadav of 55 Rashtriya Rifle (Armed).
- Major Anurag Kumar of 9 PARA (Special Force).
- Lieutenant Harjinder Singh of 3 KUMAON.
- Naik Satish Kumar (Posthumous) of 21 Rashtriya Rifle (Guards).
- Naik Kheem Singh Mehra of 21 KUMAON.
- Sepoy Dharma Ram (Posthumous) of 1 Rashtriya Rifle (MAHAR).
- Published on: January 27, 2016