Ganesh Singh Appointed as Chairman of JPC for Land Acquisition Bill [ Current News (Concise) ]
Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan has improved the Joint Parliamentry Committe (JPC) for Land Acquistion Bill. To examine provisions of the Land Acquisition Amendment Bill, 2015, BJP Lok Sabha member Ganesh Singh was appointed as Chairman of the Joint Committee of Parliament (JCP)
- Ganesh Singh replaces S S Ahluwalia who was appointed Minister of the State (MoS) for Legislative Affairs in the council of ministers reorganize in July 2016.
- It should be noted that Minister cannot be appointed as member of any Governmental Committee.
- He is a member of the 16th Lok Sabha and this is the third term for him.
- He represents the Satna community of Madhya Pradesh.
- He was also member of 13th and 14th Lok Sabha.
- This is seventh postponement of the term of the JCP on the Land Acquisition Amendment Bill, 2015
- Bill must be approved by resolution in Parliament.
- Joint committee will contain of 30-members,
- 20 members from Lok Sabha
- 10 from the Rajya Sabha
- It will study the provisions of Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (Second Amendment) Bill, 2015.
Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (Second Amendment) Bill, 2015
Bill generates five special classifications of land use. They are:
- Affordable housing
- Rural infrastructure
- Industrial corridors
- Infrastructure including PPPs where government owns the land
Allow government to immune five categories of projects from the requirements of
- Restrictions on acquisition of multi-cropped land
- Social impact assessment
- Consent for private and public private partnerships (PPPs) projects.
- It removes clause of that makes head of a government department mortified for a wrongdoing by the department.
- It improves provision of previous sanction to prosecute a government employee.
- Published/Last Modified on: July 25, 2016