Garuda Shakti IV Indo-Indonesia Joint Training Exercise Begins [ Current News (Concise) ]
At Magelang in Indonesia fourth edition of the India-Indonesia Joint Training Exercise Garuda Shakti has begun. The 13 days bilateral exercise is aims to: Between the Armies of India and Indonesia building and promoting positive relations. Under United Nations Charter increasing their abilities to undertake joint tactical level operations in a counter insurgency environment.
- The joint exercise Indian Army platoon strength contingent will carry out cross training with a platoon from the airborne battalion of the Indonesian Army in the 4th edition.
- The Indian Dependent has been trained for combat conditioning, firing, tactical operations, tactical skills and special hellebore operations training.
- Selected Indian unit has had varied operational experience in Counter Insurgency and Counter Terrorist operations in the Northern, Western and Eastern theatres.
- In urban and rural scenario and various facets of tactical Counter Insurgency operations (CIO), the exercise will be conducted as joint Counter Insurgency operations exercise.
- Both countries will share their experience of CIO and also the ambit of identifying areas of expertise, evolution of combat tactical drills of tactical and to undertake combined training for neutralization of insurgency threat.
- As part of military diplomacy between armies of both countries alternatively in India and Indonesia respectively Indo-Indonesia Joint Training Exercise Garuda Shakti is conducted.
- In 2012 the first edition bilateral exercise was conducted on a reciprocal basis in India.
- The second and third edition was conducted in 2013 and 2014 in Indonesia and India respectively.
- Published/Last Modified on: March 10, 2016