Gold Medal in Women’s Individual Squash Won by Joshna Chinappa [ Current News (Concise) ]
The gold medal in women’s individual category at the 12th South Asian Games (SAG) has been won by India’s top squash player Joshna Chinappa by beating Pakistan’s Maria Wazir with 10 - 12, 11 - 7, 11 - 9, 11 - 7 score at the finals played at R G Baruah Sports Complex in Guwahati.
- And after this achievement she becomes first Indian squash player to win individual gold medal in 2016 SAG.
Men’s individual category:
- The gold medal in men’s individual category at the 12th SAG has been won by Nasir Iqbal of Pakistan by beating Farhan Zaman of Pakistan with 14 - 12, 11 - 7, 11 - 9 score.
About Joshna Chinappa:
- She was born on 15th September 1986 in Chennai, India.
- In December 2015 she has touched a career-high world ranking of World No. 13.
- She was the first Indian who has won the British Squash Championship title in 2003 in the under 19 category.
- She is the first recipient of Mittal Champions Trust.
- She is serving as a trainee of the Indian Squash Academy (erstwhile ICL academy), Chennai.
Titles achieved by her:
- NSC Series No. 6 (Tour 12) 2009 - Winner
- British Junior Open, 2005 – Winner
- Asian Junior, 2005 – Winner
- World Junior, Belgium, 2005 – Runner-up
- British Open Junior, 2004 – Runner-up
- SAF Games, Pakistan, 2004 – Gold
- Hong Kong event, 2004 – Runner-up
- Asian Championship, 2004 – Bronze
- Malaysian Junior, 2004 – Winner
- Indian National Junior, 2004 – Winner
- Indian National Senior, 2004 – Winner
- Published on: February 9, 2016