Google Launches Free Internet Service Through Wi-Fi for 10 New Railway Stations [ Current News (Concise) ]
Free internet service through Wi-Fi for 10 railway stations across the country to provide internet to over 1.5 million people has been extended by the search engine giant Google, as part of Google’s tie up with Railtel, the internet provider arm of Indian Railways.
These 10 Railway Stations are:
- Kacheguda (Hyderabad)
- Ernakulum Jn (Kochi)
- The free internet service is built over the fiber network of Raitel which is intended to give high speed broadband experience to users.
- In 2015 the first such kind of service was launched at Mumbai Central.
- This service will offer travelers passing through these stations to easily river a high definition video, research their destination, download a book or a new game for their journey.
- Google has linked with Indian Railways and Railtel to deliver high-speed Wi-Fi network to cover 400 train stations across India.
- They will cover 100 of the fullest train stations in India which will provide free internet service to 10 million Indians a day up to the end of 2016.
- Published on: April 18, 2016