Google Maps launch feature which will allows users to tag restaurant food pics [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Google: Google was founded on 4th September 1998 at Menlo Park, California. The founders of Google are Larry Page and Sergey Brin. It is an American multinational technology company. It is specializing in Internet - related services and products. These include online advertising technologies, searching, cloud computing and software. Most of its profits are derived from ’ AdWords’ which is an online advertising service that places advertising near the list of search results.
About the feature:
- Google is going to launch new feature for Map which will allow the peoples who love taking photos of their food at restaurants.
- This feature is Google Map based which will speciously alert users when Maps finds a newly captured photo taken at a food - related place on their device, and offers to attach that photo to a location for others.
- This feature can be used on Android devices.
- The process of upload photo or share photo can be done as:
- Snap a photo of restaurant, bars or meals.
- Get notification on in Android device.
- Post the captured photo on Google Maps.
- The feature called as “Photo Notifications” will available only to high - ranking members of Google Maps’ “Local Guides” community.
- To get these photo notifications, one needs to turn on the location history.
- The use of an Android notification is a much more violent form of data gaining.
- It’s uncertain when the feature is going to move past the early rollout stage and become available to the entire Google Maps user base.
- Published/Last Modified on: August 27, 2015