Govind Ballabh Pant get honor on his 128th birth anniversary [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Govind Ballabh Pant: Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant was born on 10th September 1887 and died on 7th March 1961. He was an Indian freedom fighter and politician. He gave his participate in the movement for India’s independence with Mahatma Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru.
- He was the chief political leaders from Uttarakhand.
- He was also part of the movement to establish Hindi as the official language of India.
- His prominent statue stands in front of the Indian Parliament in New Delhi.
- Mr. Govind Ballabh Pant received India’s highest civilian the Bharat Ratna award in 1957.
About honor on his birth anniversary:
- India paid honors to former Union home minister Govind Ballabh Pant on his 128th birth anniversary.
- Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari and Parliamentary Affairs M Venkaiah Naidu along with BJP patriarch LK Advani paid flowery honors at the statue of Pant near Parliament House.
- Published on: September 11, 2015