‘Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan’ Has Been Launched by PM Narendra Modi [ Current News (Concise) - Important Days ]
’Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan’ (Village Self Governance Campaign) has been launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the occasion of 125th birth anniversary of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar at his birthplace at Mhow, Madhya Pradesh to support Panchayati Raj in villages and guarantee social harmony in villages.
- The campaign purposes to create nation-wide efforts to support Panchayati Raj, increase social synchronization across villages, promote rural development and foster farmers’ welfare and source of revenue of the poor.
- It is eleven day campaign started from 14th April up to 24th April 2016; this will mainly focus on producing countrywide efforts to promote above mentioned objective of campaign.
- The Union Ministries of Rural Development, Social Justice, Agriculture, Labour and Information, Broadcasting and States Governments will jointly run this campaign.
- Panchayat level programmes:
- A ‘Social Harmony Programme’ will be conducted in all Gram Panchayats from 14th April to 16th April 2016.
- Villagers will resolve to strengthen social harmony in this programme.
- And information regarding the various schemes of the government will be provided to foster social justice
- Gram Kisan Sabha:
- ‘Village Farmer Assemblies’ will be organized in Gram Panchayats to promote agriculture from 17th April to 20th April 2016.
- Information concerning schemes about agriculture will be provided to farmers and their suggestions for bringing about improvements in agriculture will be solicited in these assemblies.
- Gram Sabha meetings:
- Across the country it will be started from 21th to 24th April 2016.
- Prabhat Pheris (or morning walk), cultural programme as well as a sports programme will be organized in the village in these days.
- Panchayati Raj Day:
- The day will be celebrated at Jamshedpur, which will be attended by selected Panchayat representatives from the country on 24th April 2016 and Prime Minister will address the assembly on this day.
- Published/Last Modified on: April 15, 2016