Guda Anjaiah Renowned Telangana Poet is No More [ Current News (Concise) ]
Guda Anjaiah a well-known Telangana poet and lyricist passed away subsequent a transitory illness at Ragannagudem, Telangana at the age of 61 years. He has played a significant role in Telangana statehood movement by confining several songs which advanced found their way into films.
About Guda Anjaiah
- He was born on 1st November 1955 at Adilabad, Telangana.
- He has served as pharmacist in Hyderabad.
- He was become well-known for his song ’Ee Ooru Manadira” which was translated in 16 languages.
- Some of his other famous songs are:
- Rajiga ori Rajiga
- Ayyoniva nuvvu
- During 2009 - 11 they were stranded on Telangana statehood movement and were played in Poru film.
- He also had written novel titled as Polimera which is based on the dark days of 1975 National Emergency.
- He also has penned a Dalitha Kanthalu book which includes many stories.
- Awards and Honours:
- Sahithya Bandu Ratna award in 1986
- Rajini Telugu Sahithi Samithi Award in 1988
- Ganda Pendera Title in 2000
- Dr. Malaya Sri Sahithi Award in 2004
- Suddala Hanumanthu - Janakamma Award in 2015
- Komuram Bheem National Award in 2015
- Telangana Sahithya Puraskaram in 2015
- Published on: June 23, 2016