Gujarat cricket team won Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy [ Current News (Concise) ]
Gujarat won “Syed Mushtaq Ali T20” Trophy 2014-15 and Gujarat defeated Punjab by two wickets in the final match at the KIIT Cricket Stadium, Bhubaneshwar. Smit Patel is wicketkeeper and opening batsman who unbeaten 50 helped Gujarat to win their second Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
- Gujarat scored 123 for 8 in 19.5 overs while Punjab scored 117 for 9 in 20 overs in the final match at at the KIIT Cricket Stadium, Odisha.
- The Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy is a domestic Twenty20 cricket championship in India and the inaugural season for the trophy was played in 2008-09.
- The Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy is organized by Board of Control for Cricket in India, among the teams from Ranji Trophy. It is named after the famous Indian cricketer, Syed Mushtaq Ali.
- Gujarat also won the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 trophy in 2012-13 by defeating Punjab in the final by four wickets.
- Published on: April 9, 2015