Gujarat is going to launch ‘Agro-Solar Policy’ [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Agro - Solar Policy: Gujarat has become the first state in India by going to launch ‘Agro - Solar Policy’ for farmers. This policy will encourage the farmers to rap free solar energy from sun.
- Power generation companies will give 30 to 40 percent share from the profit of power generation to the farmers.
- Energy Research and Management Institute of Gujarat (GERMI) will be the implementing organization for projects of Agro - Solar Policy.
- Under this policy, Farmers can use the free solar energy for their own ingesting purpose
- They can also sell the surplus energy to the state’s run power generation companies.
- Power generation companies will set up solar photo voltaic plants in different agricultural fields.
- They will provide power generation without any disturbance to agricultural production.
In Gujarat, Power generation companies who set up solar photovoltaic plants:
- Gujarat Industries Power Company Limited (GIPCL),
- Gujarat Power Corporation Limited (GPCL) and
- Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Limited (GSECL)
These plants will be set up at ends of the fields so that farmers can also grow their crops.
- Published on: August 24, 2015