HAL Become APAQG Member with Voting Rights [ Current News (Concise) ]
Indian State owned aerospace Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) achieved prestigious membership of Asia-Pacific Aerospace Quality Group (APAQG) as a ‘Full Member with voting rights’ and with this membership India become seventh nation to join the APAQG.
- Other APAQG’s member nations are:
- South Korea
- HAL becomes part of Global Quality team which is works for improvements in the Aerospace Quality.
- Now HAL can participate in international forums and become part in the development process and revision of current and new quality Standards.
- HAL can also access IAQG’s various Quality System Standards and other guidelines.
- To become part of IAQG, first of all HAL has to become member of APAQG and then move up to IAQG as a voting member by featuring an OEM in India.
About International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG)
- The IAQG is an international non-profit cooperative global organisation which merges aviation, defence and space companies to deliver more value at all levels of supply chain.
- IAQG is responsible for establishes and maintains of Quality Management System standards (9100 series) and controls the certification system.
- The IAQG includes Europe (EAQG), Americas (AAQG) and Asia-Pacific (APAQG) sectors.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) is an Indian state-owned aerospace and defence company, governed by management of the Indian Ministry of Defence.
- It is located in Bangalore, Karnataka.
- It mainly works for operations of the aerospace industry.
- It manufactures and assembles aircraft, navigation and related communication equipment and airports operation.
- Published on: September 21, 2016