HP Government launches RISHTA project [ Current News (Concise) ]
About launching of the project: Himachal Pradesh Government has launched RISHTA project, which is an efficient smart LED based street lighting project. It was launched by Virbhadra Singh who is State Chief Minister of Shimla.
About RISHTA project:
- RISHTA project is stands for Rajiv Gandhi Illuminating Scheme for Hill Town Advancement project.
- This project is also known as Centralized Control and Monitoring System, Smart Street Lighting Scheme for Urban Local bodies which implements LED based street lighting project.
- This project is being implemented by state Urban Development Department association and Energy Efficient Services Limited (EESL).
- EESL will invest for this project.
- Municipalities will pay back the investment to EESL over a period of 7 years from energy and cost savings that will increase by installation of energy efficient LED lights.
Benefits of the project:
- This project will replace total of 63, 484 street lights with LEDs in all the Urban Local areas.
- By this project, energy will saved by 45 to 55 percent.
- Published on: August 21, 2015