Haryana passes bill to eliminate Police Recruitment Board [ Current News (Concise) ]
About the aim of passing Amendment Bill: Haryana legislative Assembly has passed Haryana Police Amendment Bill, 2015. It is aim is to stop the Police Recruitment Board in order to end the partiality in the police recruitments in the state.
- Amendment is the process of making changes to the nation’s fundamental law or supreme law.
About the necessities of the bill:
- Periodical posts in the police service would be filled through Haryana Public Service Commission.
- Direct recruitment to various non - gazette ranks in the police service would be filled through the Haryana Staff Selection Commission (HSSC).
- The Bill was introduced by State government led by Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar to follow up its promise of transparent and merit - based selections in the government jobs.
- Published on: September 10, 2015