Heena Sidhu bags gold at Asian Air Gun Championships [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Heena Sindhu: She was born on 29th August 1989. She was born in Ludhiana in Punjab. She has completed her graduation in BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery). She is a professional Indian Shooter. About her achievements: In 2014, she was ranked World No. 1 by ISSF.
- In 2013, she was also the first to win Gold in the ISSF World Cup Finals in 10 meter Air Pistol event.
- She later, became the third Indian shooter after Anjali Bhagwat and Gagan Narang to win Gold in a Rifle World Cup Finals.
- At 2010 commonwealth games she won the gold medal in Women’s pair’s 10 meter air pistol.
- She also won the 14th gold medal for India from the shooting range and silver in singles event.
- She came on the ISSF magazine’s cover page for the first time ever since National Rifle Association of India was formed.
- She was the World record holder in Finals at 10 meter air pistol event with a score of 203.8 points.
- On 28th August 2014, she was conferred with Arjuna Award along with 13 other athletes at the Rashtrapati Bhavan by the President of India.
About her victory in Asian Air Gun Championship:
- The Asian Air Gun Championship was held in New Delhi.
- In this event, Heena Sindhu won a gold medal in the 10 meter air pistol shoot.
- She shot a total of 197.8 points and won gold.
- Shwetha Singh of India scored 197 points and won silver medal.
- Seon A Kim of South Korea won bronze medal.
- Yashaswini Singh Deshwal of India was ranked 4th.
- Published/Last Modified on: October 1, 2015