High-Speed Spanish Talgo Train Trial Run Conducted by Indian Railways [ Current News (Concise) ]
The first ever trial run for high-speed Talgo trains of Spain on the 90-km Bareilly-to-Moradabad stretch has been conducted by Indian Railways in Uttar Pradesh under the Indian Railways’ strategy to increase the speed of trains.
- With this 2nd phase of the trail run was completed.
About Trail Run:
- The Railway Design Standards Organization (RDSO) and Spanish train manufacturer Talgo has jointly conducted the first phase of trial run t speeds between 80 KMPH and 115 KMPH (km per hour).
- It involved nine-coach Talgo train dragged by a 4500 HP diesel engine.
- The train completes 90-km distance in 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Indian Railway will conduct trail run on Mumbai-Delhi route to test the riding, safety and stability of Talgo trains in the third phase.
Key features of Talgo train
- Talgo trains are lighter and faster and have speed up to 115 KMPH.
- They have ability to run on curves tracks without slowing the speed.
- They use 30 percent less energy.
- The 9 coach Talgo train includes:
- 2 Executive Class cars
- 4 Chair Cars
- 1 cafeteria
- 1 power car
- tail-end coach for staff and equipment
- It is leading energy-efficient semi-high speed (160 - 250 kmph) and high-speed (350 kmph) passenger trains manufacturer based in Spanish.
- Published/Last Modified on: May 31, 2016