Hologram Technique Will be Used by Maharashtra Government to Check Spurious Liquor [ Current News (Concise) ]
Maharashtra Government has made compulsory hologram technique on every alcohol bottle manufactured and sold in the state in order to check sale of spurious liquor. So from now, without the hologram no liquor bottle will be allowed to be sold in the state.
- The decision was taken due to the 2015 disaster at Malwani where about 100 people died after having spurious liquor.
How it will work?
- It will be compulsory to fixative polyester base track and trace hologram on every alcohol bottle.
- A mobile application will supported it which will be developed by the Government and will be made available at free of cost.
- When the mobile app is contact with the hologram, it will directly generate a green or red mark.
- The mark will indicate the buyer whether the liquor, wine, country made liquor, Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) is fake or genuine.
- This technique will also help avoid loss of proceeds due to cheap liquor being introduced into Maharashtra from neighboring States.
- Holography is a photographic technique that records the light spread from an object, and then offerings it in a way that looks three-dimensional.
- Currently holograms are used in many place such as:
- Electrical and electronic products
- Hologram dockets for vehicle number plate
- High security holograms for credit cards
- Holographic scanners post offices
- Sensors or biosensors: In this hologram is made with a modified material which interacts with certain molecules generating a change in the fringe periodicity or refractive index, therefore, the color of the holographic reflection will change, this is mainly use in chemical detection so this techneq will use to check spurious liquor
- Published on: April 19, 2016