Home Ministry gives nod to Huawei to set up unit in Tamil Nadu [ Current News (Concise) ]
Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has given nod to Huawei which is Chinese Telecom Manufacturer Company to set up a manufacturing unit in Tamil Nadu for its components. Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has given the security clearance behalf of subject to certain conditions which the company must fulfill. It also includes condition of appointing of Indian nationals at key positions of Company.
- After this clearance, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) or Department of Telecommunications (DoT) from point of view of national security may reserve critical positions in the company for future prospective.
- Huawei had first approached government for clearance purpose to set up a unit for electronics, telecom hardware and support services at SIPCOT SEZ at Sriperumbudur in 2013.
- Department of Telecommunications (DoT) will fix mandatory security parameters in addition to the technical, quality and interface parameters for the company to meet security standards for technical equipment relating to the networking systems.
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. is a Chinese multinational networking, hardware and telecommunications equipment and services company which headquartered in Shenzhen, Guangdong.
- Huawei is the largest telecommunications equipment maker in the world which overtaken Ericsson in 2012.
- Published/Last Modified on: July 21, 2015