Huawei launched LiteOS, world’s most lightweight IoT Operating System (OS) [ Current News (Concise) ]
China-based Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd launched LiteOS operating sytem meant for Internet of Things (IoT) based devices. Huawei, a multinational networking and telecommunications equipment and services company, launched the technology at the Huawei Network Congress (HNC) 2015 held in Beijing, China.
- LiteOS is the world’s most lightweight IoT OS with a size of 10KB and it supports zero configuration, auto-discovery and auto-networking. It will be opened to all developers, which enables them to quickly develop their own IoT products.
- LiteOS can be widely applied to different areas including smart homes, wearables, connected vehicles and other industries. It helps to simplify the development of smart hardware to enhance IoT connectivity.
- The technology is part of the Agile Internet of Things (IoT) solution, which consists of three core components viz., Agile IoT gateway, Agile Controller and LiteOS, developed to augment the digitization of areas such as production, manufacturing and logistics.
- IoT refers to a network of internet connected devices which are embedded with electronic sensors and data transmitting technologies. By using the Internet, the data collected by sensors in the IoT devices like cars, power systems and even as small as tooth brushes transmitted to other networked devices and data processing systems.
- In India, the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) released the draft Internet of Things (IoT) policy in November 2014 to develop business opportunities in this emerging technology.
- Published/Last Modified on: May 25, 2015