IAAF Temporarily Suspends Russia’s Track and Field Federation [ Current News (Concise) ]
About IAAF: IAAF stands for International Association of Athletics Federations. It was founded to fulfil the need for a world governing authority for a competition programme and for identical technical equipment and for a list of official world records.
About the suspension of Russia’s Track and Field Federation:
- Russia’s track and field federation was temporarily suspended by the International Association of Athletics Federations.
- This suspension is comes over charges of “state - sponsored” fixing.
- The charge was made by an independent warrant set up by the World Anti - Doping Agency (WADA) through its report. Russia has decided to offer ‘broad cooperation’ to international agencies through the formation of a new anti - doping organization.
- IAAF has banded Russian athletes and athlete support personnel from competing in international competitions.
- It includes World Athletic Series competitions and the Olympic Games. Because of this suspension Russia will not be permitted to host the 2016 World Race Walking Cup and 2016 World Junior Championships.
- Published on: November 23, 2015