IMF has appointed Subir Gokaran as its Executive Director [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Subir Gokaran: Subir Vithal Gokarn was born on 3rd October 1959. He was one of the four Deputy Governors of the Reserve Bank of India along with Anand Sinha, K. C. Chakrabarty and H. R. Khan. He has been replaced by Urjit Patel as of January 2013.
- He was appointed by the Government of India on 19th November 2009 for a three year term start from 24th November 2009.
- Before him Rakesh Mohan was served as Deputy Governor.
About his appointment as Executive Director:
- Subir Gokaran has been appointed as an Executive Director on the board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- His name was declared by Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) which is headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- He will replace with Rakesh Mohan whose 3 year contract ends in November 2015.
- He will characterize grouping of India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Bhutan on the IMF’s Executive Board with a total casting vote of 2.8 percent of which India has more than 2.3 percent.
About the Executive Board of IMF:
- The Executive Board of IMF is established in Washington and is responsible for directing the day - to - day business of it.
- Published on: November 23, 2015