INS India - Base Depot Ship of Indian Navy Celebrates Platinum Jubilee at New Delhi [ Current News (Concise) ]
INS India, the base depot ship of Indian Navy celebrated its 75th anniversary (Platinum Jubilee) on 13 July 2016 at New Delhi. To celebrate this grand occasion, a series of events were organised.
- A Health Run and a Dream Walk was organised for naval personnel and their families.
- Nearby 350 runners of various age groups participated in the event with full enthusiasm.
- Cmde BK Munjal, VSM, Station Commander motivated people to live a healthy life.
- Traditional Barakhana was organised for sailors and their families and patriotic cultural program organised for children, ladies and personnel.
- Blood donation camp was also organised. 128 units of blood was collected from volunteers, Flag Officers, Officers, sailors, Defence Civilians and their families as a contribution towards social welfare.
- In 1941 India was established as HMIS India as a small unit.
- It complement of just a handful of officers and sailors.
- It rechristened as INS India on 26 Jan 1950.
- The base depot ship (stone ship in naval parlance) has the pleasure of being the Flagship of the Chief of the Naval Staff.
- Establishment in New Delhi with a plethora of duties and responsibilities.
- All officers and sailors borne in Naval Headquarters and other units at Delhi It provide administrative and logistics cover.
- The establishment has seen as many as 32 Commanding Officers, In 75 years of transition of INS India.
- Published on: July 14, 2016