India Officially Turn Out to Be Associate Member of Embo [ Current News (Concise) ]
India has signed agreement and officially become an Associate Member State European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO). In behalf of India Ministry of Science and Technology has signed an agreement at New Delhi on 4th February 2016. With this agreement India has become second country who came to be Associate member state of EMBO.
Before India Singapore has signed this agreement and become associated member of EMBO in 2015.
Advantages of this agreement:
This would be make significant contribution in scientific interaction and collaborative research between India and Europe.
Now Indian Researchers are able to participate in every EMBO’s programmes such as:
- Long-term Fellowship for postdoctoral researchers,
- Short-term fellowship and workshops etc.
Researchers are also able to attend different activities of EMBO which are organized across the world.
About European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO):
- The European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) is a professional organization of life scientists in Europe.
- This was founded in 1964 by Member of Initiative for Science in Europe.
- Headquarter of organization is located at Heidelberg, Germany.
- Currently organization has 1700 researchers.
- The main aim of this organization is to promote research in life science and enable international exchange between scientists.
- Ii aims to support talented researchers at all stages of their careers and also stimulate scientific information exchange.
- And for that they organize courses, conferences and workshops, publish four international scientific journals and supports projects of individual scientists to promote each and every researchers
- Published on: February 9, 2016