India Post Announces Honoring Stamp on HAL for 75-Year of Service [ Current News (Concise) ]
About HAL: HAL stands for Hindustan Aeronautical Limited. It is an aerospace and defence company located in Bangalore of Karnataka, India. It was established as Hindustan Aircraft Limited on 23rd December 1940 in Bangalore, India by Mr. Walchand Hirachand.
- Then it was renamed as Hindustan Aeronautical Limited in 1964.
- It is ruled under the management of the Union Defence Ministry.
- This company manufactures equipments for aircraft, navigation, communication and airports operation.
- HAL built its first military aircraft HT-2 in South Asia.
- Currently, T. Suvarna Raju is CMD of HAL.
Products by HAL:
- Sukhoi Su-30, Mirage 2000, MiG-27, Jaguar IS, the DRDO-ADA’s Light Combat Aircraft, trainer aircraft containing the British-make Hawks, transport aircraft for the Forces and military helicopters.
- It also produced the advance lighter helicopter named ‘Dhruv’.
About the honoring stamp on HAL:
- India Post announces honoring stamp on Hindustan Aeronautical Limited in appreciation of its 75 years of service to India.
- Usha Chandrasekhar, Chief Postmaster General of Karnataka circle and VM Chamola, Director (HR) releases the stamp.
- First time India Post has issued a personalized ‘My Stamp’ and HAL is the first Organisation to receive it.
- It shows HAL’s first native aircraft from HT-2 to the light combat aircraft (LCA) named Tejas.
- Published on: March 28, 2016