India Ranks 91st in Networked Readiness Index 2016 [ Current News (Concise) ]
India was placed at 91st rank in the Networked Readiness Index (NRI) 2016 released recently by the Geneva-based World Economic Forum (WEF). The index was released as the part of the WEF’s Global Information Technology Report.
- It measures countries success in creating the essential conditions for a transition to a digitised economy and society.
Facts about Networked Readiness Index 2016:
Top-ten countries in 2016 NRI:
Among BRICS Country:
- Russia (41st)
- China (59th)
- South Africa (65th)
- Brazil (72nd)
India: India’s position on the list 89th in 2015, 83rd in 2014 and 68th in 2013. Thus, India was lowest ranked.
India’s position based on different parameters:
- Different parameters of Index, In terms of political and regulatory environment India has scored better (78th position).
- In terms of affordability, it ranked very high (8th) place.
- In terms of online services India’s performance (57th) place.
- In terms of allowing e-participation, it ranked (40th) place.
- In terms of business and innovation environment, it scored worse (110th) place.
- It also fares poorly on sub-indices for levels of skills (101st) and individual usage (120th).
- In terms of infrastructure it even scored worse (114th) place.
- Published on: July 8, 2016