India, South Africa Sign MoUs in Four Areas of Co-Operation [ Current News (Concise) ]
India and South Africa have signed Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) in four areas of bilateral co-operation. These MoUs were signed in presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and South African President Jacob Juma in Pretoria, South Africa.
- PM Narendra Modi had arrived in South Africa from Mozambique on the second leg of his four-nation tour of Africa.
The MoUs are in the area includes:
- Information and Communication technology
- Grass root innovation
- ‘Art and Culture’
Various issues Prime Minister Narendra Modi had one to one talk with the South African President Jacob Juma.
Both countries have agreed to cooperate in battling terrorism, regionally and globally.
They also potential to expand business and investment ties further in areas of
- These two countries are partnering to shape international agenda through IBSA & BRICS.
- PM Narendra Modi thanked the South African President for support to India’s NSG membership.
- Published/Last Modified on: July 11, 2016