India-Sri Lanka joint training exercise Mitra Shakti-2015 [ Current News (Concise) ]
About the Mitra Shakti 2015: The third India - Sri Lanka joint training exercise “Mitra Shakti - 2015” culminated after a grand closing ceremony held at Aundh Military Camp, Pune. 14 - day joint training comprised of understanding of transnational terrorism, developing interoperability and conduct of joint tactical operations
- Controlled by a Joint Command Post.
- Brigadier Tapan Lal Sah of the Indian Army and Brigadier KP Aruna Jayasekera of the Sri Lankan Army jointly studied.
- The parade was commanded by Major Ashish Kumar, of Indian Army.
- It established the purpose of both countries to work closely with each other to remove the threat of terrorism in all its forms.
- It aimed at sharing the best military practices between the two Armies.
- It aims at promoting healthy military to military relations.
- It is considered as an important step to uphold the values of Peace, Prosperity and Stability in the South Asia region.
- Published/Last Modified on: October 13, 2015