India, Sweden signed six agreements during President Pranab Mukherjee’s visit [ Current News (Concise) ]
India and Sweden signed six agreements, during the visit of President Pranab Mukherjee to Sweden. Mr. Pranab Mukherjee is the first Indian President to visit Sweden. Both countries signed MoU Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO) of India and Swedish Medical Products Agency (MPA) for complimentary cooperation in the area of health, electronic submissions, pharmacovigilance, drugs, clinical trials, medical devices and diagnostic kits etc.
Both country inked following agreements-
- MoU on Cooperation in the field of Sustainable Urban Development- It aims at foster closer and long term cooperation in the field of sustainable development and protection of the environment.
- MoU on cooperation in the field of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) – It aims at promoting partnership projects and facilitating exchange of business mission by initiating technology transfer and sustainable business alliances.
- Letter of Intent (LoI) on Collaboration in Polar and Ocean Research- both seek to agree Earth System Science Organisation (ESSO) of India and the Swedish Polar Research Secretariat (SPRS).
- Memorandum of Intent (MoI) between Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the Swedish Research Council for Health Working Life and Welfare (FORTE) for cooperation in the field of ageing research and health.
- Agreement on Visa Exemption for diplomatic passports- It aims at creates friendly relations by facilitating the entry of citizens of both nations holding diplomatic passports.
- Published/Last Modified on: June 3, 2015