India, US ink pacts to enhance cooperation in health sector June 26, 2015 [ Current News (Concise) ]
India & the US have signed a series of agreements on health in order to enhance cooperation in health sector include cancer research, medical infrastructure development and application of new diagnostic technologies.
According to Agreements are:
- To develop collaborative research projects on population-based cancer control and implementation science for cancer research, control, prevention and management.
- Development of projects in the areas of pre-clinical model development, basic and epidemiological research, clinical research and oncology care delivery etc.
- Set up mechanism of antimicrobial resistance which also includes the applications of systems biology for letter of Intent on Anti-microbial Resistance Research.
- MoU on collaboration in Environmental, occupational Health and Injury Prevention and Control for further enhance cooperation in the fields of environmental and occupational health along with injury prevention and control research.
- India & the US will also seek to control research, infrastructure development, education and training and capacity-building for their reciprocal and mutual benefit.
- Both countries will also seek to comparative testing and assisting the validation of new diagnostics and development of novel interventions.
- Published/Last Modified on: June 30, 2015