India and France has Singed 14 Agreements in Various Fields [ Current News (Concise) ]
14 agreements have been signed by India and France after general talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and French President Francois Hollande for enhancing the mutual cooperation in various fields such as defence, space, railways, education etc.
Signed Agreements are:
Defence: MoU on purchase of 36 Rafale Aircrafts.
- Arrangement between ISRO and CNES for implementation on hosting Argos-4 Payload onboard Oceansat-3 satellite of India.
- Arrangement between ISRO and CNES for implementation on a future joint Thermal Infrared earth observation mission.
- Letter of Intent (LoI) on France’s (CNES) participation in India’s (ISRO’s) next Mars Mission.
- Joint Project Shareholding Agreement between Indian Railways and Alstom for production of 800 electric locomotives in Madhepura plant in Bihar.
- For joint feasibility study for the renovation of Ambala (Punjab) and Ludhiana (Punjab) railway stations Agreement between Indian Railways and French Railways (SNCF).
Food safety: MOU between Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) and ANSES in food safety.
Public Administration: For Cooperation in Public Administration between Union Ministry of Personnel & Public Grievances and France, Partnership Agreement.
Cultural exchange: For organizing Bonjour India (French festival) in 2017 and Namaste France (Indian festival) in 2016, Cultural Exchange Programme between both countries for the period 2016 - 2018, Declaration of Intent (DoI) has been signed.
Science & Technology: Preparation for formation of an Indo- French Ministerial level Joint Committee on Science & Technology.
- MoU between IIT Mumbai and Thales Systems Aeroportes for Industry Sponsored Ph. D. (Doctorate) Fellowship.
- Collaboration Agreement for mutual research, teaching, exchange of personnel etc. between IISER, Pune and ENS de Lyon (France).
- in the For the field of Higher Education & Research between IIT Mumbai and CNRS, TB, UBO, UBS, ENSTA Bretagne, ENIB (French Universities), signed Collaboration Agreement.
- With this both countries also talk about techniques to improve collaboration in counter-terrorism, security and civil nuclear energy.
- Published/Last Modified on: January 27, 2016