India and Lao‘S Signing of Air Services Agreement Approved by Union Cabinet [ Current News (Concise) - International Relations & Organizations ]
Union cabinet given approval for signing of Air Services Agreement between India and Lao. Union cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. This agreement is expected to greater trade, investment, tourism and cultural exchange between the two countries.
- This agreement providing commercial opportunities to the carriers of both the sides for greater safety and security.
- To bring it in air with the developments in the civil aviation sector.
- Agreement gives the equal opportunity to operate the agreed services on specified routes for airline.
- Routes and frequencies will be decided consequently.
- The selected airlines of the two countries will be fair.
Air Services Agreement:
- Air Services Agreement is the basic legal framework for any air operation between the two countries.
- Air Services Agreement is also known as air transport agreement.
- Airlines of the two signing countries, frequency, Traffic rights, Type of aircraft and tax issues covered by MoUs.
Map of India and Laos:
- Published/Last Modified on: August 4, 2016