India and Mauritius inked five MoUs to give impetus to bilateral relations [ Current News (Concise) - International Relations & Organizations ]
Indian PM Narendra Modi and Mauritius PM Port Luis singed 5 Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) to give new impetus to bilateral co-operation between the two nations. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has gone five day official tour of three ocean nations. These county names were Seychelles, Mauritius and Sri Lanka in March 2015. Indian Prime Minister visited first time of Mauritius in over three decades.
The five MoUs which were signed between the two countries are-
- MoU in the field of Ocean Economy- This MoU will promote to provide for mutually beneficial cooperation for exploration and capacity development in the field of marine resources, fisheries, green tourism, research and development of ocean technology, exchange of experts and other related activities
- MoU on Programme for Cultural Cooperation for the year 2015-18- This MoU will promote to to enhance bilateral cooperation and will also enhance greater people-to-people participation between the two countries.
- MoU on the Protocol for the importation of fresh mango from India- This MoU will promote to facilitate importation of fresh mango fruits from India by Mauritius to enable the Mauritian to relish the flavor of the world-renowned Indian mangoes.
- MoU for the Improvement in Sea and Air Transportation Facilities at Agalega Island of Mauritius- This MoU will promote to betterment of the condition of the inhabitants of this remote Island.
- MoU on Cooperation in the field of Traditional System of Medicine and Homeopathy- This aim at promote cooperation in the field of traditional system of health and medicine between the two countries under AYUSH.
- Published on: March 13, 2015